CARS Protection Plus has spent the last two decades building customer trust through claims processing, a variety of protection plans, and a guarantee of providing the coverage a customer purchased. With their history in car coverage, they provide the absolute best advice to new car drivers.
Make sure you know your vehicle. Familiarize yourself with all the controls, lights, sounds, etc.., in your car. Always keep a map in your vehicle. In case your phone goes out or you get lost and your electronic device is not working, always have a paper map at hand. Keep a first aid kit in your car, you just never know when you might need something out of it. Finally pay attention to all the road signs, it is important to know what they mean, especially the ones that are rarely seen. Be smart and educate yourself of all possible road signs.
Top 4 driving safety tips:
Focus on driving.
- Always keep 100% of your attention on driving.
- Do not use your phone or any other electronic device while driving.
- Slow down.
- Be aware of what other drivers around you are doing and expect the unexpected.
- Assume other drivers will do something crazy, and always be prepared to avoid it.
- Keep a 2-second wall between you and the car in front of you.
Make a safe driving plan.
- Build time into your trip schedule to stop for food, rest breaks, phone calls or other business.
- Adjust your seat, mirrors, and climate controls before putting the car in gear.
- Pull over to eat or drink.
- Secure cargo that may move around while the vehicle is in motion.
- Do not attempt to retrieve items that fall to the floor.
- Have items needed within easy reach.
- Always wear your seat belt. No Drinking and Driving, No drugs.
Do not allow for distractions in the car while driving, kids horsing around, loud music, etc. Do not drive if you are tired. Make sure that you are aware of medications and how their side effects. Use caution when changing lanes.
What to do after an accident.
- Stay at the scene.
- Call 911
- Stay in the car and remain calm.
- Contact your insurance provider.
If you ever get pulled over, make sure you are fully prepared. Turn on your interior lights so the officer can see you easily. Keep your hands visible, do not reach for anything or grab anything under a seat. Be polite and provide all the necessary documents the officer asks for, insurance, driver’s license, etc. These are some of the absolute best tips given to new car drivers.